Why Should I Learn About Social Media Marketing:
Social Media is an important piece of your business marketing strategy. Using Social Platforms helps you connect with your Real Customers, helps you to increase your brand awareness, Brings more Sales Traffic towards your website/blog/article/video and boost your leads and sales.
What is Social Media Marketing:
As per Buffer Site, Social Media Marketing Definition is Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to connect with your audience to build your brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic.
Social Media Marketing is a tool and a platform that helps to create your brand awareness through various social media marketing tools and social media marketing strategies.
Social Media Marketing Stats:
Social Media Marketing Statistics/Data 2019
- 42% of the world’s population uses social media. That’s 3.2 billion users worldwide. (Emarsys)
- To break it down, 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users. (Emarketer)
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Each person spends an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes on social networks and messaging. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 366 million new people started using social media in the past year. That’s more than a million new people joining social media every single day. (Hootsuite)
- Facebook usage among teens is dropping gradually according to the latest social media statistics. While 71% of teens claimed to use the platform in 2015, the number has now dropped to 51%. (Pew Research Center)
- 68% of Americans use Facebook. (Pew Research Center)
- 74% of Facebook users check it daily. (Pew Research Center)
- Most people access Facebook around eight times each day. (SmartInsights)
- 96% of Facebook users access it on mobile. (Statista)
- If your Facebook ads contain images, then they will be between 75% and 90% more effective. (Consumer Acquisition)
- 93% of social media advertisers use Facebook ads regularly. (Social Media Examiner)
- At least 3% of Facebook profiles are fake. (Facebook)
- The best time to post on Facebook is weekdays between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday is the best day to post while Sundays show the least traffic. (Sprout Social)
- 326 million people use Twitter every month. (PR Newswire)
- 9% more people [than seen in previous reports] are now using Twitter daily. (PR Newswire)
- 24% of adults in the U.S. use Twitter. (Statista)
- Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets. (HubSpot)
- 83% of the people who sent a Tweet to a company and received a response, felt better about the company and were more likely to do business with them. (Twitter)
- Only 3 percent of Tweets about customer service issues call out the company’s username with the @ symbol. (Marketing Land)
- People are 31% more likely to recall what they saw on Twitter vs. general online browsing. (Twitter)
- 53% of users say they bought a product they first saw on Twitter. (WebFX)
- Twitter ads are 11% more effective than TV ads during live events. (Twitter)
- The best times to post on Twitter are Wednesdays at 9 am and Fridays at 9 am. The best days to post are Tuesday and Wednesday, while Saturday sees the least engagement. (Sprout Social)
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users, and 500 million of them use it daily. (Instagram)
- Instagram continues to attract a younger audience with 72% of teens saying that they use the platform. (Sprout Social)
- 59% of Instagram users are under the age of 30. (Statista)
- Ad spending on Instagram is 23% higher than on Facebook according to an internal analysis by Merkle. (DigiDay)
- Videos get 21.2% more interactions compared to images and 18.6% more interactions compared to carousels. (Sprout Social)
- 71% of US businesses use Instagram. It surpassed Twitter in business users in 2017. (eMarketer)
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday at 11 am and Friday from 10-11 am. Wednesday is the overall best day to post while Sunday sees the least amount of engagement. (Sprout Social)
- There over 530 million user profiles on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- 80% of social media B2B leads come from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- Over 46% of all social media traffic to company websites comes from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- The best times to post on LinkedIn are Wednesdays from 9-10 a.m. and 12 p.m. The best day for posting is Wednesday and the day with the least engagement is Sunday. (Sprout Social)
- YouTube is the preferred form of social media marketing worldwide. 83% of all consumers prefer it. (Hubspot)
- 54% of all people want marketers to put out more video content, and this is an excellent place to begin. (Hubspot)
- Most of YouTube’s user base is male. The ratio is 55% men to 45% women. (Journalism.org)
- 96% of all teens in the United States use YouTube. (Forrester)
5 Things About Social Media Marketing You Should Learn This Week
These days, social media marketing is a big part of online success. Things are always changing and there are tons you can learn, so this week we’ve chosen 5 things about social media marketing that you should know about.
#1 Daily Buffer
You may not have heard of ‘Daily Buffer’ before, but now is a great time to learn just how this tool can help you. This mobile app will present you with content that you can read and share. Every day fresh content is generated and delivered to you. The headlines with links will arrive daily on your device and you can quickly wipe them away if the content doesn’t interest you. You can also listen to their podcast too.
While you are on Daily Buffer, Make sure your note down a few things in your note:
- Eye-Catching Headlines
- The Style of Writing the Blog/Article
- The Types of Images and Videos they are using in the post.
- Use of Infographics
#2 Take Advantage of Value Voting from Fans
There are several ways you can utilize social media to learn about your audience and one of those is to use polls. With a poll, you can ask your fans a question and then get their response. By doing so you can better target your market and take advantage of what it is they are looking for.
Personally, I create more Polls in my Facebook Group and on my Instagram Stories. These two platforms help to engage with your audience and through polls, we get the exact information about their pain areas and the challenges they are having with that topic.
Then You can plan in your content calendar and create the exact social media content relevant to that pain points and deliver high-level value to your audience.
#3 Create Your Very own Wish List
You can tap into the needs of your audience by allowing them to submit their wish list. You can offer them a chance to win a giveaway just for uploading their wish list and then using the hashtag #wishlist. When you offer incentives for participation, you can learn a lot about your audience.
I have created my wish list on my mobile phone using the app Evernote. This tool helps to document all the topics and ideas whichever comes to mind related to social media marketing, video marketing, email marketing, chatbot marketing, and affiliate marketing.
Then when the time comes, I go back to this app and try to search the relevant topics and create content based on those topics which I gather through the polls which I had created in my Facebook Group and Instagram Story.
Documenting these topics creates an Idea Vault in your mobile which when filled ever often gives you the right support at the right time.
#4 Look for Ways to Enjoy a High ROI
You want your return on investment to make it worth your time to carry out the task at hand. You want to create a strong identity. Don’t waste your time and money on marketing adventures that offer a minimal return on your investment.
#5 Invest in Vine Videos
Here’s another area of social media you might not be aware of. Vine video works hard to keep its followers excited and you can share these. In under 10 seconds, you can tweet with your favorite Vine video and interact with relevant material to your audience.
Video Creation is a must-have skill in the Year 2020 when the videos speak more than any other social media strategy tool.
Creating Videos helps you to create your Domination in your Niche and helps your audience to understand the value you are trying to deliver to your customers.
When it comes to social media you need to remember that this can be a powerful marketing tool when used right. Yes, you can make posts that are not relevant to anything more than keeping your social media channels active. However, a much better approach is to recognize that your time is money and you are in business to make money, so make sure what you are doing with social media is effective.
I have created an excel sheet which contains a series of hashtags which you can directly copy and paste in your Instagram Post and start getting
✅Create Audience in Your Niche